Monday, March 3, 2014

White Chocolate Coffee Stir-in.... and lots of SNOW!

  Just when I was thinking that winter should surely be coming to an end here in the south, I was surprised when the chilly and rainy Sunday turned into a freezing winter storm through the night. I don't always keep up with the weather and news so I had no idea it was coming. Waking up to a thick (for the south that is :) blanket of snow was fun and especially exciting when the in-laws came over with their sleds!

  (Jayden's first sled ride!)






  Nothing like racing down a snow covered hill on a sled to make you feel like a kid again :) I forgot how much fun it is!

I really was having fun, lol! 
The sun was bright to be looking up at a camera!

  We had hot coffee and popcorn waiting for us when we came back in and later went out again to take a few more rides before the sun went down. I'm pretty sure we all will sleep a little better tonight.

  But speaking of Coffee... I have been totally enjoying my new White Chocolate Stir-in! last year I have played around a little with a few recipes but hadn't gotten it quite right for my personal preference, this year though was a success!


  So I'd like to share it with you! It's great to stir into hot coffee instead of creamer and mix it with any other Stir-in flavor that you like and top with a little whip cream or even blend it in with a frozen coffee, I'll add how I make my own at the bottom.

1\2 c. sugar
1\2 c. half n half
1 T. butter
1 c. mini marshmallows 
(or 1\2 c. marshmallow cream)
2\3 c. Hershey's premium white chocolate chips
1\2 t. vanilla
1\8 t. rum extract

1\8 t. cinnamon (opt.)
pinch of nutmeg (opt.)

  Place sugar, half n half, butter, marshmallows and white chocolate into a saucepan and melt together over med-heat. Once completely blended, remove from heat and add extracts and optional spices. Pour into a pint jar and cool. Store in fridge.

Now for my blended Coffee Frap!


  This is very versatile, you can make it to suit yourself. I start with mixing 4 t. of instant coffee into 1\2 cup of cold water (you can also use strong brewed coffee that is chilled), set aside. Fill the blender to the 3 cup line with ice, pour in the coffee, 1 c. milk and 1\4 c. half n half. Add flavors desired (for white chocolate I add 4 T. of the stir-in recipe above if using it alone or 3 T. if adding a second flavor). Blend VERY well. Can top with whipped cream and a drizzle of coordinating stir-in. I know its still "winter" but I have had spring fever REALLY bad! and I just couldn't wait for summer to share this delicious concoction with you :)

2 comments: